Dream Vintage Bliss 18" Crash Ride
The very first Bliss prototypes were a unique micro-lathed hand hammered cymbal with a signature soft edge, low profile
bell and gradual taper. Overnight these became collector’s items. So popular we released them as their own line: Vintage Bliss. Their unique shape and weight give them and even wilder froth of ocean
in the sound, while maintaining a rich warm stick sound. Supremely responsive and full bodied they also have a fairly fast decay. These make truly functional crash-rides, the crashes are full and
punchy while maintaining a defined stick sound supported by just the right amount of wash.
- Surface: micro-lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: broad shoulder, smooth transition medium low height
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: tons of wash, dragons breath, lots of wobble, quick decay
These cymbals are so versatile. Quite thin, they produce explosive crashes that get out of the way with medium decay. They
have a soft but clear stick sound for riding. They have found particular favor among jazz drummers for their mysterious and exotic undertones and among harder hitting drummers for their explosive
Image is for illustrative purposes only.